Playing multiple accounts simultaneously—more commonly known as dual-boxing or multi-boxing—is permitted in Guild Wars 2, though only under specific circumstances. Please ensure that you understand our full multi-boxing policy outlined below before engaging in this sort of activity.
A player may own and operate several accounts, but they may do so only when they play and control each account independently of any other account. This means that:
- Each account must be attended at all times.
- Each account must be operated independently of each other.
- Accounts must not be operated simultaneously using macros or bots.
- One keystroke should translate to one action on one account.
Here’s what you should keep in mind if you plan to run multiple clients:
- You may use more than one account at the same time.
- You may use more than one computer at the same time.
- You must be actively playing on each account.
- You may NOT program your keyboard to perform functions on more than one account at a time. For example, if you press [W] on your keyboard to move forward, a single character on a single account should move forward. The keystroke or mouse click should not perform functions on more than one account.
- You may not use a macro to activate the skills of a character or multiple characters on more than one account.
- You may not use third-party botting tools to manage and play any number of characters, or to engage in unattended gameplay.
As a final note:
- Multi-boxing may ONLY be used in PvE areas. You are not permitted to run multiple accounts simultaneously in PvP*, WvW, activities, or in other competitive environments.
* We make an exception for the use of multiple accounts in custom arenas, but encourage anyone hosting a custom arena to, as a courtesy to all participants, specify that multi-boxing is allowed in that arena.
Conduct Breaches & Outcomes
Failing to observe the above guidelines may result in the suspension or termination of any/all associated accounts. To differentiate between bots, each actively playing character must also be responsive to GM inquiries, if contacted.