Whether you took a long hiatus from the game or you’re trying to recover your account after a hacking attempt, we want to help you get back in and playing as quickly as possible. Below you will find tips players have used to recover their account on their own, as well as the information we need to assist you in the process.
Forgot Your Email?
If you forgot the email address you used to create your account, we have a few tips you can use to try and rediscover that information:
- Try logging in with any email address you might have used for the account. Even if it’s a mailbox you can no longer access, you will need to use the correct address to login to your account. Don’t worry; we can help you update your email once you know exactly which address you used!
- Search your email for messages to (or from) the ArenaNet Support Team. If you submitted a ticket in the past, it may shed some light on the email address, game key, or other important details that will help you recover your account.
- Search your email for a receipt with your game key. If you bought the game from an authorized retailer, it’s possible they included information about your purchase that will help you recover your account.
If you’re still unable to find the correct email address, you’ll need to contact support with the information listed below.
Forgot Your Password?
If you know the email address of the account but forgot your password, you can try to reset your password if you still have your game serial code, or if you still have access to the authentication method tied to the account. You can also follow the steps in this article for a more detailed explanation about how to reset your password.
If you cannot complete the reset process, you’ll need to contact the support team with the information listed below.
Unable to Authenticate?
If you are unable to recover your account due to an authenticator—whether because you no longer have access to the email address, changed your phone number, or lost access to the phone you used to authenticate your login—you will need to contact support with as much information as possible so we can disable your old authentication method.
Please note that you MUST be able to provide enough information to verify ownership of the account before we make any changes.
Still Having Trouble? Contact Support!
If you run into any problems during this process, we're happy to assist and help you recover your account. Please take a moment to submit a support ticket, making sure to fill out as many fields as possible so we can verify your ownership of the account in question. At minimum, be sure to include the following information:
- Account Name (the last e-mail address you used)
- First and Last Name
- The Date of Birth listed on your account
- Your Guild Wars 2 Serial Code
- Display Name (including the 4-digit number after the name, such as “Gamer.1234”)
- A detailed description of your issue, including any error messages that you receive during the process.
Note that we may ask for additional information if we are unable to verify ownership of the account; be ready to provide additional details once you hear back from the support team!