So, you’re having trouble accessing your account. Whether you’re returning to the game after a long hiatus or simply forgot your login credentials, we want to get you back in and playing as quickly and easily as possible!
Below are a few of the most common scenarios that can prevent you from logging in to the game. We've provided some troubleshooting steps that can help you get in and playing on your own, though you are always welcome to contact our support team if you continue to have trouble recovering your account.
Forgot Your Account Name (Email)?
If you forgot the email address you used to create your account, we have a few tips you can use to try and rediscover that information:
- Try logging in with any email address you might have used for the account. Even if it’s a mailbox you can no longer access, you will need to use the correct address to login to your account. Don’t worry; we can help you update your email once you know exactly which address you used!
- Search your email for messages to (or from) the ArenaNet Support Team. If you submitted a ticket in the past, it may shed some light on the email address, game key, or other important details that will help you recover your account.
- Search your email for a receipt with your game key. If you bought the game from an authorized retailer, it’s possible they included information about your purchase that will help you recover your account.
If you’re still unable to find the correct email address, you’ll need to contact support with the information listed below.
Forgot Your Password?
If you know the email address of the account but forgot your password, you can try to reset your password if you still have access to the authentication method tied to the account. You can also follow the steps in this article for a more detailed explanation about how to reset your password.
If you cannot complete the reset process, you’ll need to contact the support team with the information listed below.
Unable to Authenticate?
If you are unable to recover your account due to an authenticator—whether because you no longer have access to the email address, changed your phone number, or lost access to the phone or device you used to authenticate your login—you will need to contact support with as much information as possible so we can disable your old authentication method.
Please note that you MUST be able to provide enough information to verify ownership of the account before we make any changes.
Still Having Trouble? Contact Support!
If you run into any problems while trying to recover your account, we're more than happy to help. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance. At minimum, be sure to include the following information:
- Account Name (the last e-mail address you used)
- First and Last Name
- The Date of Birth listed on your account
- Your Guild Wars 2 Serial Code
- Display Name (including the 4-digit number after the name, such as “Gamer.1234”)
- A detailed description of your issue, including any error messages that you receive during the process.
Note that we may ask for additional information if we are unable to verify ownership of the account; be ready to provide additional details once you hear back from the support team!