Login issues are a pain! We know what it’s like to be blocked before you can even get started in a game you love; it sucks, but we’re here to help! Below are several steps which can help if you get stuck at the login screen.
If you’re encountering an error message after you're logged in, we recommend visiting this page first to learn more about the different error codes and what you can do to get around them.
Common Issues & Solutions
I Forgot My Password.
You can reset your password by following the steps below:
- Click here to open the password-reset page.
- In the Email field, enter the email address you use to log in to your Guild Wars 2 account.
- Click Reset Password.
- If you're on a network you've already authorized, you will receive an email with a link that will let you reset your password.
- To protect your account, password resets requested from new (unlisted) networks will require verification. If you have authentication tied to your account, you’ll need to provide an authentication code.
- If you are unable to complete this step for any reason, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
- Follow the instructions in the password reset email to choose a new password.
Be sure to set your account password to a strong, unique password that you've never used anywhere else (including your email account)! For more information on choosing a good password, see this article.
I Forgot My Account Name.
Your Account Name is the email address you used to register your account. Begin by checking your email for any official messages that suggest it was used to register your account. This includes newsletters and automated messages such as password-reset emails.
If you still can’t find or remember which address you used, you can send an email to email@example.com from any email address you may have used to create your account. Note that you will be required to verify ownership of the account before we return any information, so try and provide as much information as possible so we can verify that you are, in fact, the owner of the account.
I remember my login details, but they aren't working.
If you think you know your credentials but receive an error when logging in, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure to disable CAPS LOCK when entering your password.
- Make sure there are no extra spaces at the beginning or end of your Account Name or password.
- Try typing your password into a notepad document, then copying and pasting it into the password field.
- Make sure you're using your email address in the 'Account Name' field, not your Display Name (ex. Gamer.1234).
- Make sure you’re using your full email address in the 'Account Name' field—not just the part before the "@" symbol.
- Un-check the "Remember Account Name" and "Remember Password" fields, close and relaunch the client, and then re-enter your information.
If these steps don't work, try resetting your password. Make sure to write it down or save it somewhere safe!
What do I do if I'm having problems with email authentication, or if I'm not receiving the password reset email I requested?
If you aren’t receiving authentication or password reset emails, please try the steps below.
- Check your Spam, Junk, and Deleted Messages folders to make sure the message wasn’t received and moved to one of those folders.
- If you’re using Gmail, check every tab (such as Social, Promotions, or Updates), and not only the main Inbox tab.
- Do not flag our emails as “spam.”
- Set up a filter, add us to your Contacts List, and/or add us to your email “Safe Sender” list to prevent our messages from being diverted or blocked. Authentication and password reset emails come from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check any existing filters or rules to make sure emails from email@example.com are not being diverted, blocked, or deleted.
- Check your email account directly through the email provider’s web page, and not through a mail reader (such as Outlook) or a mobile device (such as a smart phone or tablet).
More information on email delivery problems can be found in this article.
I Receive an error when trying to login.
If you're receiving an error code when trying to login, it's possible that something is disrupting your ability to connect to the server. You can read up on some of the most common error codes—and their causes—here: Common Error Codes
If nothing else works: Contact Support!
If you've run through all the troubleshooting steps above and still can't log in, please take a moment to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance. Be sure to include the following details so we can help you as quickly and efficiently as possible:
- Account Name (your email address)
- First and Last Name
- The Date of Birth listed on your account
- Your Guild Wars 2 Serial Code
- Display Name (including the 4-digit number after the name, such as “Gamer.1234”)
- A detailed description of your issue, including any error messages that you receive.
- If you have made purchases through our website or the in-game Gem Store, please provide the last four digits (only the last four) of the credit or debit card that you used to make those purchases. If you made purchases using PayPal®, please include the Order ID associated with your most recent purchase.