Forgotten Account Name
Your Account Name is the e-mail address you used to register your account. If you can’t remember which address you used, please submit a ticket and include any addresses you may have used along with as much identifying information as possible (a list of suggested information is included at the end of this article). This will help our team find your account.
You can reset your password by following the steps below:
- Click here.
- In the E-mail field, enter the e-mail address used to log in to your Guild Wars 2 account.
- Click Reset Password.
- If you're on a network you've already authorized, at this point you'll get an e-mail with a link that will let you reset your password.
- To protect your account, if you're trying to log in from a new network, we require you to verify your account ownership. If you have authentication on your account, you’ll need to provide an authentication code. If you don’t have authentication on your account, you’ll need to provide your serial code and a character name. If you purchased the game from buy.guildwars2.com, your serial code was sent in your receipt email. If you purchased a physical copy, your serial code was included in the game box.
- If you have any trouble with this process, you can always submit a ticket for further assistance.
Follow the instructions in the password reset e-mail to choose a new password.
Be sure to set your account password to a strong, unique password that you've never used anywhere else (including your e-mail account)! For more information on choosing a good password, see this article.
I remember my log-in information, but it's not working.
Please try the following suggestions:
- Make sure you’re using the e-mail address associated with your account in the “Account Name” field, rather than your Display Name. Your Display Name is formatted as a name followed by four digits (for example, “Gamer.1234”) and is used in the game and on the forums to identify you while protecting the privacy of your e-mail address.
- Make sure Caps Lock is off.
- Make sure that you are not entering any spaces at the beginning or end of your Account Name or password.
- Make sure you’re using your full e-mail address, rather than just the part before the “@” symbol.
- If you have linked your Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 accounts:
- Try resetting your password using only 8 to 13 characters.
- Your password for Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 is the same; you log into either game with the same password.
- Try resetting your password.
What do I do if I'm having problems with e-mail authentication, or I didn't get the password reset e-mail I requested?
If you aren’t receiving authentication or password reset e-mails, please try the steps below.
- Check your Spam, Junk, and Deleted Messages folders to make sure the message wasn’t received and moved to one of those folders.
- If you’re using Gmail, check every tab (such as Social, Promotions, or Updates), and not only the main Inbox tab.
- Do not flag our e-mails as “spam.”
- Set up a filter, add us to your Contacts List, and/or add us to your e-mail “Safe Sender” list to prevent our messages from being diverted or blocked. Authentication and password reset e-mails come from email@example.com.
- Check any existing filters or rules to make sure e-mails from firstname.lastname@example.org are not being diverted, blocked, or deleted.
- Check your e-mail account directly through the e-mail provider’s web page, and not through a mail reader (such as Outlook) or a mobile device (such as a smart phone or tablet).
If you weren't able to log in to your account using the information provided above, please submit a ticket and provide the following information:
- Account Name (Log-in Name / E-mail address)
- First and Last Name
- The Date of Birth listed on your account
- Your Guild Wars 2 Serial Code
- Display Name (including the 4-digit number after the name, such as “Gamer.1234”)
- A detailed description of your issue, including any error messages that you receive.
- If you have made purchases through our website or Gem Store, please provide the last four digits (only the last four) of the credit or debit card that you used to make those purchases. If you made purchases using PayPal®, please include the Order ID associated with your most recent purchase.