Login issues are a pain! We know what it’s like to be blocked before you can jump into your favorite game; it sucks, but we’re here to help! Below are several steps which will help you access the game if you’re stuck at the login screen.
If you’re encountering an error message after logging in, we recommend that you visit this page to learn more about error codes and what you can do to get around them.
- I forgot my account name.
- I forgot my password.
- I remember my log-in information, but it's not working.
- What do I do if I’m having problems with email authentication, or I didn’t get the password reset email I requested?
- I receive an error when trying to login.
- Contact support
I Forgot My Account Name
Your Account Name is the email address you used to register your account. If you can’t remember which address you used, please submit a ticket with any addresses you may have used along with as much identifying information as possible (a list of suggested information is included at the end of this article). This will help our team find your account.
I Forgot My Password
You can reset your password by following the steps below:
- Click here to jump to the password-reset page.
- In the Email field, enter the email address used to log in to your Guild Wars 2 account.
- Click Reset Password.
- If you're on a network you've already authorized, at this point you'll get an email with a link that will let you reset your password.
- To protect your account, password resets from a new (unlisted) network will require verification of account ownership. If you have authentication tied to your account, you’ll need to provide an authentication code. If you don’t have authentication on your account, you’ll need to provide your Guild Wars 2 serial code and a character name on the account.
- If you have any trouble with this process, you can always submit a ticket for further assistance.
Be sure to set your account password to a strong, unique password that you've never used anywhere else (including your email account)! For more information on choosing a good password, see this article.
I remember my log-in information, but it's not working.
Please try the following suggestions:
- Make sure you’re using the email address associated with your account in the “Account Name” field, rather than your Display Name.
- Your Display Name is a name you chose followed by four digits (for example, “Gamer.1234”) and is used in the game and on the forums to identify you while protecting the privacy of your email address.
- Make sure Caps Lock is off when typing your password.
- Make sure there are no extra spaces at the beginning or end of your Account Name or password.
- Make sure you’re using your full email address, rather than just the part before the “@” symbol.
- If you have linked your Guild Warsand Guild Wars 2 accounts:
- Try resetting your password to a new one that only uses 8 to 13 characters.
- Your password for Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 is the same; you’ll log into either game using the same password.
- Try resetting your password to a new one. Write it down in a document so you can make sure it’s accurate.
What do I do if I'm having problems with email authentication, or I didn't get the password reset email I requested?
If you aren’t receiving authentication or password reset emails, please try the steps below.
- Check your Spam, Junk, and Deleted Messages folders to make sure the message wasn’t received and moved to one of those folders.
- If you’re using Gmail, check every tab (such as Social, Promotions, or Updates), and not only the main Inbox tab.
- Do not flag our emails as “spam.”
- Set up a filter, add us to your Contacts List, and/or add us to your email “Safe Sender” list to prevent our messages from being diverted or blocked. Authentication and password reset emails come from email@example.com.
- Check any existing filters or rules to make sure emails from firstname.lastname@example.org are not being diverted, blocked, or deleted.
- Check your email account directly through the email provider’s web page, and not through a mail reader (such as Outlook) or a mobile device (such as a smart phone or tablet).
More information on email delivery problems is available in this article.
I Receive an error when trying to login.
If you receive an error code when trying to login, it's possible that something is disrupting your ability to connect to the server. You can read up on some of the most common error codes—and their causes—here: Common Error Codes
If you weren't able to log into your account after following each the steps above, please take a moment to submit a ticket to our support team. Be sure to include the following details so we can help you as quickly and easily as possible:
- Account Name (your email address)
- First and Last Name
- The Date of Birth listed on your account
- Your Guild Wars 2 Serial Code
- Display Name (including the 4-digit number after the name, such as “Gamer.1234”)
- A detailed description of your issue, including any error messages that you receive.
- If you have made purchases through our website or the in-game Gem Store, please provide the last four digits (only the last four) of the credit or debit card that you used to make those purchases. If you made purchases using PayPal®, please include the Order ID associated with your most recent purchase.