We understand that there will be times when you want to update your login email address: whether you're switching mail programs, distancing yourself from an email address you made years ago, or simply changing it up in new and exciting ways.
At this time, you will not be able to update your email address on your own. This is a necessary safeguard to prevent hackers from altering your account credentials if they manage to obtain your login details. That said, our support team is happy to work with you and update your login email upon request; more on how to make that request can be found below!
Requesting an Email Change
You can request an email change by submitting a support ticket and selecting ‘Update Account Information’ from the drop-down menu. Fill out the form as thoroughly as possible so we can verify that the account is yours; the more fields you complete, the easier it will be for us to make the change!
Here’s some of the details you can provide:
- Account Name (your current email address)
- The email address you want to use; be sure to include this in the description field.
- Display Name, including the four-digit number after the name (i.e. “Gamer.1234”)
- First and Last Name
- The Date of Birth listed on your account
- A Character Name from the account
- The Serial Code tied to your Guild Wars 2
- [If you’ve made purchases on the account] The last four digits (only the last four) of the credit or debit card you used to make those purchases. If you made purchases using PayPal®, please include the Order ID associated with your most recent purchase.
Once we receive your request, watch both email addresses for updates; if we have enough information, we'll make the change as soon as we're able. Otherwise, we’ll follow up with a request for any additional details so we can verify ownership of the account.