We totally understand when someone wants to change their email address: whether you’re switching mail programs, diverging from an email address you made years ago, or simply changing it up in new and exciting ways.
Unfortunately, you are not currently able to change your email address on your own at this time. This is a necessary safeguard to prevent hackers from taking full control of your account. We will, however, change your login email if you contact our support team with enough information to verify that the account is yours!
Requesting an Email Change
You can request an email change by submitting a support ticket and selecting ‘Update account information’ from the dropdown. Fill out the form as thoroughly as possible; note that the more fields you complete, the easier it will be for us to make the change!
Here’s some of the information you’ll need:
- The Account Name: the login name or email address tied to the account
- Your Display Name, including the four-digit number after the name (i.e. “Gamer.1234”)
- The email address you want to use; be sure to include this in the description field.
- Your full First and Last Name
- The Date of Birth listed on your account
- A Character Name from the account
- The Serial Code tied to your Guild Wars 2
- [If you’ve made purchases on the account] The last four digits (only the last four) of the credit or debit card you used to make those purchases. If you made purchases using PayPal®, please include the Order ID associated with your most recent purchase.
Once we receive your request, watch both email addresses for updates; if we have enough information, we'll make the change. Otherwise, we’ll follow up with a request for any additional information we need to verify that you own the account.