If you delete a character that you'd later like to recover, you can submit a ticket to our Support Team requesting a one-time restoration of that character. If, upon investigation, the character is eligible for restoration, we will journey into the Mists and return the character to your account.
Please note that even if the character qualifies for a restoration, the process is not guaranteed. If the character was deleted too long ago or has already been recreated as another character in the world, it may no longer be possible to restore them on your account. Here are some of the conditions that must be met before we will attempt to recover a character:
- You must have an open character slot on your account.
- The character can only be recovered on the same account where they were created.
- The name of the character cannot be in use by any other character in the world.
- The name of the character must meet the standards outlined by the Guild Wars 2 Naming Policy.
- You cannot have any previous rollbacks or restorations on the account.
Depending on the situation, you may also want to review these other options before contacting support:
- If you are planning to request multiple restorations due to an account compromise (if it was hacked or stolen), please see the account restoration process.
- If you would like to restore specific items on a character, please see our process for recovering missing or lost items.
Requesting a Character Restoration
If your character meets the conditions above, take a moment to create a Support ticket with your request and the following information:
- The name of the character.
- The level of the deleted character.
- The race, profession, and gender of the character.
- The approximate date when you created the character.
- The approximate date when you deleted the character.
- If you created any other characters with the same name.
A member of our Support staff will get back to you with a response as soon as they've reviewed your request.