Sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling the game can help fix problems that emerge over time. Depending on the platform where you play Guild Wars 2, you can do following the steps below to remove and reinstall the game.
Please note that uninstalling the game will not remove, change, or otherwise modify your game account. If you want to make changes to your ArenaNet account, you can make changes on the Account Management page or contact the ArenaNet support team for assistance.
Uninstalling Guild Wars 2
- Search for and open the Windows Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Guild Wars 2 in the list. You can either double-click the entry or select it and click the Uninstall/Change button at the top of the window to open the uninstall window.
- Click on the red "Uninstall Guild Wars 2" button in the window that pops up.
- Once you see the "Uninstall Successful" message, you can safely exit the Control Panel.
- If your computer is having trouble removing all of the game files, take a moment to visit this Windows support article to learn how you can fix any registry issues that might be preventing you from fully installing or removing programs.
- Log in to your Account Management page using your game credentials.
- Navigate to your Game Content tab, where you can select a game client to download.
- Click the Windows Client Download link in the center of the page and choose the save location if prompted.
- When the download is complete, find the Gw2Setup.exe file and double-click it to run the installer.
- Click the red Install Guild Wars 2 button, choose an installation location, and click OK to begin the installation process.
- Click the appropriate region flag icon in the top right corner of the Launcher to choose your language.
- When the login fields appear, enter your account name and password and click LOG IN.
- Once you've downloaded all the necessary files, click Play!