This article addresses some common problems that can happen when trying to download or patch the game. If the solutions here don't work for you, check out our article on Connectivity for ways to diagnose and fix your connection.
"Download failed! Please check your internet connection and try again."
If you see this error when trying to download or patch the game, try the following:
- Verify that you’re connected to the internet with a broadband connection.
- Try adding “assetcdn.101.ArenaNetworks.com” to your firewall or security program’s list of allowed connections. The steps for doing this vary depending on what program you use. Contact the maker of your program if you need help.
- If you still can’t connect, try adding Guild Wars 2 to your antivirus or security program’s list of allowed programs. The steps for doing this vary depending on what program you use. Contact the maker of your program if you need help.
"Connection error(s) detected. Retrying..." (Windows only)
This usually indicates a problem connecting to our download servers, sometimes caused by the interference of other programs. Try the following:
- Click the "Start" button to bring up the Start Menu.
- Type in CMD into the "Search programs and files" field but do not hit enter. Doing this will change your start menu to show the program "cmd.exe."
- Right-click on "cmd.exe" and select "Run as Administrator." This will bring up a new window.
- Type "netsh winsock reset" without the quotes. When the command is completed successfully, a confirmation will appear, followed by a new command prompt line.
- Try connecting to the game again.