The official forum is a hub for discussion and engagement about Guild Wars 2—where members of the Guild Wars community can create threads, post about their experiences and issues they encounter in the game, ask and answer questions, share their creations, and support other players!
While threads can be viewed by anyone without logging in, you will need an upgraded ArenaNet account to create or contribute to any of the discussions. Simply use your credentials—the same account name and password you use to access the game client—to join the forum!
Remember to follow the rules of conduct when posting on the forum. Here are the standards to keep in mind as you participate and interact on the forum:
Frequently Asked Questions
I am unable to post using my free Guild Wars 2 play account. What's wrong?
While Free Accounts can bookmark and follow discussion threads on the forum, you will not be able to post on the forum unless you have an upgraded (paid) game account.
More information about the different account types and permissions can be found in this article.
I receive an error message saying "Login Error: You do not have access to Guild Wars 2" when trying to log in to the forum. What's wrong?
This message means you don’t have permission to post on the forums. This can be caused by several things:
- You are trying to access the forums with a Guild Wars (classic) account that has not been linked to an active Guild Wars 2 account.
- You have been suspended from the forums for violating the forum Code of Conduct.
- You are trying to access the server with an account that has had access to Guild Wars 2 removed—whether by request or because the account has been terminated.
Even if you can’t post to the forums, you can still view them by logging out of your account and returning to the forums homepage.
I receive an error message saying "Whoops! Request server says: (code.: ErrLinkNotFound)" when trying to log in to the forum. What's wrong?
This is usually caused when trying to access the forums with a Guild Wars (classic) account that has not been linked to an active Guild Wars 2 account. To correct the error, please follow these instructions:
- Navigate to the ArenaNet Account Management site.
- Sign out of your Guild Wars (classic) account.
- Navigate back to the Guild Wars 2 forum.
To avoid the error, please log in with a valid Guild Wars 2 account or follow the instructions in this article to link your Guild Wars (classic) account to a free Guild Wars 2 account.